Tuesday, July 17, 2012

good night

"Huwaaaaaaaahhhh!" she cried. They were sitting on the swings, one fine afternoon.

"What?" he asked.

She sobbed. "I texted my crush yesterday. I wished him good night. He never replied..." and she continued crying. She did not realize his changed expression.

"Well, that's what you get for not listening to me. I told you the guy's an asshole. Plus, a good night wish is just cheesy." 

She went silent. "You're a meanie!" she screamed and she ran back home.


****************************


She was asleep when her phone beeped. She quickly snatched it, half-awake. Oh please, let it be my crush. Please let him wish me good night, too. She prayed, before opening the text.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to hurt my little girl.
It's beyond me - I cannot carry the weight of a heavy world.
So good night, good night..."


There was a message attached to the video. ----Stop sulking, it's getting on my nerves.

She let out a small laugh. How cheap, sending a Maroon 5 song just because you're not creative enough to write an apology of your own, she thought. He must be really mad right now. She giggled.

She did not realize she was smiling in her sleep, clutching her phone tightly in her hand.

No comments: