Monday, November 21, 2011

right and wrong

is it wrong if i speak up?
if i do, i might hurt people.
if i don't, people say i'm a coward.

is it wrong if i apologize?
if i do, i might be humiliated.
if i don't, then i am heartless.

is it wrong if i care?
if i do, people step on my head.
if i don't, people say i'm cruel.

is it wrong if i am sad?
if i do, people say i'm weak.
if i don't, you still think something's wrong with me.

is it wrong if i crush my own ego?
if i do, people say i'm foolish.
if i don't, people say i'm stuck up.



i used to think i'm a risk taker. spontaneous. 
now, i doubt i'll take risks anymore.
say something hurtful to me, i doubt i'll snap back at you.
be angry with me, and i'll be the one worrying the most about you.

i used to think i don't care if i'm hurt,
as long as my friends are smiling.
perhaps,
it's just me conforming to society.

2 comments:

Sparrow_Wing said...

Really good! What a very emotional and straight-to-the-heart poem! Most definitely enjoyed reading it! :)

Atiqah Shaharudin said...

thank you mah dear lilyput! :')